Wesley Woods was founded in 1954 by The North Georgia Conference of The United Methodist Church to provide affordable housing for older adults. To have the foresight in the 1950s that affordable housing would be one of the primary concerns facing older adults today was extraordinary vision. With Rev. Dr. Candler Budd as the driving force, North Georgia Methodists embraced that vision with the establishment of the first Wesley Woods community on the campus of Emory University in 1965.
Since its inception, Wesley Woods has expanded from one campus in Atlanta to 10 communities across the state, five of which are HUD-subsidized serving older adults with extremely low incomes.
Our mission is to create communities of connection, well-being and promise for older adults living in Wesley Woods communities by raising vital funding for meals and housing, pastoral care and wellness.