HAPPY TO HAVE YOU
As you hopefully noticed, we opened our website with the message, “Welcome to Wesley Woods. Welcome Home.” We say that because we mean it. And -- just ask them -- because our residents feel it. They feel at home. Becoming part of Wesley Woods is becoming part of a community in every sense of the word -- where companionship, activities, laughs, comfort and peace-of-mind are shared benefits in a vibrant, close-knit environment.
FIRST AND FOREMOST
Wesley Woods began in 1953. It would be accurate to call us a “pioneer.” We were among the very first, thanks to the concern and compassion of The North Georgia Conference of The United Methodist Church, to recognize and begin to meet the growing need for accessible, independent senior living.
Now, more than seven decades later it would be accurate to call us a “leader.” We have sealed our reputation as one of the foremost names serving older adults of all income levels, races and faiths with a strategic and forward-looking approach.
To create communities of connection, well-being and promise.
We envision a world in which older adults are celebrated for the lives they have lived,
the wisdom they share and everything they have yet to teach us.
WESLEY WOODS WAY
These are the core values and beliefs that strengthen our communities. This is our view of the world, what we expect from ourselves and each other and how we treat our neighbors.
- We believe aging has a fulfilling purpose in life.
- We believe society is strong to the extent older adults are valued.
- We believe spiritual and personal growth is life-long.
- We believe in individual liberty and the right to self-determination.
- We welcome everyone because we believe a diverse and inclusive community creates compassion, love and kindness in the world.
- We believe hospitality starts with mutual respect, a welcoming spirit, dependability and excellence in all we do.
- Mindfulness is central to our work. It makes us more intentional and present with those we serve.
- We believe in fun. Spontaneity, laughter and a sense of optimism lead to moments of connection and joy.
- Innovation is fostered through free exchange of ideas, trust in our employees and the humility to know there is always something new to learn.
- We believe we need each other. When we ask for help or lend a hand, we strengthen relationships and foster goodwill.
- We have servant hearts. In serving others, we honor them. It is an act of love and an expression of God’s grace.
One thing that has changed is our size and reach. We are now a family of communities throughout Atlanta and across North Georgia (Athens, Augusta, Blairsville, Newnan) that, depending on location, offers independent retirement living, affordable housing and levels of care that allow residents to “transition in place” as their needs change (such as assisted living, personal care, memory care, skilled nursing and respite care).
Another sign of our growth is the way we have proactively planned for and put into place an even wider range of amenities that appeal to today’s retiree that put emphasis on wellness, socialization, education and personal and spiritual fulfillment.
When you get to know us better -- and we hope you will take the time to do so -- you will discover that Wesley Woods Senior Living is all the things you would expect from an organization that is unabashedly people-centered. With a philosophy that aging has a fulfilling purpose in life and that society is stronger when seniors are valued. And a set of values with highlight words such as care, compassion, excellence, integrity and respect.