The First Year Experience
Wesley Woods First Year Experience Key Milestones
Before they start!
- Mark your calendar in outlook to keep important milestones front and center.
- Connect by phone before the first day of work.
- Make sure the new employee’s work area is set up with equipment and supplies to ensure a great start!
- Send a new employee announcement email to teammates and/or welcome email from key teammates.
- Meet and greet: Welcome session with new teammates.
- Orient to workplace, department, and team.
- Assign a buddy to tour key areas and answer questions.
- Schedule meetings with new employees to connect and establish rapport.
First Month – 90 days!
- Regular check-ins with new employees to keep employees engaged.
- Check for mutual understanding of role and responsibilities.
- Resolve issues and provide additional information, training, and resources.
- Celebrate 90-day anniversary.
- Assess the new employee’s satisfaction in his/her new role.
- Provide feedback on performance and ask for feedback on the new employee’s experience thus far.
- Celebrate first-year anniversary.
- Ask employee to reflect on the past year and give feedback.
- Ask employee how you can support him/her going forward.